Tuesday, June 29, 2010

W3D1



So I made it to week 3 of my 5k challenge!!

Wow I'm SOO excited that I'm actually doing this. I never thought I would be able to push my body to run for a long period of time. During yesterday's work out, I literally felt like my head was gonna explode. Weired right? I don't know, I guess that's how my body responds to too much exercise that it's not normaly use to. But after cooling down and stretching, the burn felt sooo good! I can see now why some people get a high on running. It's the effect you feel afterwards. I've never felt so decluttered, even when I was at my thinnest 4 years ago. My chest felt clearer and you feel so light and crisp! This is what my routine will consist of for this week:

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then do two repetitions of the following:

Jog 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
Walk 200 yards (or 90 seconds)

Jog 400 yards (or 3 minutes)
Walk 400 yards (or three minutes)

I know it may seem like nothing, but to ME, it was huge. Coming from not being able to jog for 30 seconds and feeling totally out of breath, to jogging for a full 3 minutes??? That is a HUGE HUGE step for me and accomplishment. I have two more of these 2 go for this week and then it's on with week 4, which looks really scary! But I know I gotta prepare myself mentaly for the challenge. I think that really helps.

0 comments: