Friday, April 2, 2010

Why this photographer is better than me ( a photography confession)



And a great story that has many lessons to be learned!

I recenlty read a really great article by Darren Rowse. It was really humbling to read his story and it really encouraged me to shoot more, for me. for fun. and not be so scared of what others may think when they see a camera in my hand. I often times don't bring my camera everywhere I go because, to be honest, my camera is a little distracting. It's big. And I get shy when I look through that viewfinder to take a shot and I find everyone staring at me. It almost seems like everyone stops what they are doing to look at me, or if I am aiming my camera at a friend who is doing something interesting, they immediatly stop and look right into the camera. I guess it's just people's nature to stop and smile when a camera is pointed at them. But then, that totally ruins the moment!! So, there, I said it. I really don't carry my camera around because of that, but I really REALLY want to change that. I guess I'll just have to learn to be a little more sneaky :)

Anyway, I encourage both new and pro photographers to read Darren's article. It will encourage you so much to shoot more. I firmly believe that this will help you become a better photographer. You can have all the knowledge in the world, but if you don't take action and practice what you learn, then what good is it? Don't be afraid to make mistakes. ( I am soooo still trying to overcome this because I expect perfection and then I feel miserable when I fail)

CLICK HERE to READ the article:

Happy weekend! :)

2 comments:

Velia said...

Jackie I carry my camera everywhere I go. Sometimes just my point and shoot. There are days that I haven't and oops something fun happened and I missed that moment. Good thing for cell phones. I have a 2 year old that is growing so fast and sometimes I want to capture those moment.
What's the link?

Jackie Beale said...

Hey Velia girl! Then link is one the post, towards the end :)