Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010



Baby steps.

Short Term Goals.

I'm the kind of person that if I overwhelm myself, I don't end up accomplishing a single thing. I've come to realize that it is best to take it one day at a time, or in this case, one year at a time, and try not to cram everything in at once. Be realistic with your goals and desires. Really think about what you want to accomplish and if it is something that can be achieved in a certain amount of time that you desire.

I was a little hesitant to post my list of short term goals for 2010, simply because I don't want to feel like a loser when the end of the year comes and I haven't accomplished them. But I have realized that this blog has also become my personal diary, where I can look back and read all that I have done, personal and business related. I only wish I had started a diary years ago because there were times that I wanted to look back at things and read how I felt at that exact moment, whether it was good or bad.

I realize now how important it is to write things down. It is so much better, rather than having your thoughts float in your head, unorganized. It gives you a sense of accomplishment and motivation.

Here are some of my short term goals. I may add to the list as things come to mind. Some of the things on my list, I had wanted to do before I was married, but it's even better now to know that I'll be doing some of my favorite things with my favorite person in the whole world! :)

In no particular order:

1. Have professional pictures taken of Lamar and I, just because.
2. Learn how to cook 5 big dinner meals.
3. Learn how to make one Italian meal and one Greek meal.
4. Establish a routine of "cleaning the entire house" day out of the week and stick to it.
5. Eat the daily fruit and veggie servings. Daily.
6. Go one week without eating meat.
7. Go one week without eating carbs.
8. Run 4 miles straight.
9. Watch the sunrise on the beach with Lamar.
10. Watch the sunset on the beach with Lamar.
11. Have a picnic.
12. Pay off all my credit card debt.
13. Run on the beach with Lamar.
14. Work on a RBC project with Lamar.
15. Creat an inspirational board.
16. Buy a notebook and fill it with photography related ideas.
17. Buy a big canvas for my home.
18. Organize my closet by color and learn to keep it that way.
19. Go on a vacation to California for two weeks.
20. Learn how to play one of my favorite songs on the piano.
21. Get a really cool haircut that I'm happy with.
22. Attend a photography networking opportunity.
23. Attend a workshop.
24. Shoot with another photographer for fun.
25. Shoot a wedding for free to a couple in need.
26. Get a cool logo.
27. Get a facial for the first time.
28. Loose 30 pounds.
29. Drink water everyday.
30. Cook home made meals for a month.
31. Shoot in the snow.
32. Shoot in the rain.
33. Buy a 5D.
34. Buy 2 new lenses.
35. Plan a road trip with Lamar.
36. Get up early to workout.
37. Send flowers to a friend, just because.
38. Learn how to make vegetarian pizza from scratch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie this is such a great post. Sometimes we tend to want to do so much that we become overwhelm. I have a lot of exciting plans for this year, but I know I can only suceed by taking it one day at a time.

Mariangeles said...

I love your goals for this year! I hope you can accomplish them all! I would love to do a lot of those things! I have an idea! What if we get a small group of us girlfriends under the rain! That would be so much fun! Let me know what you think Jax
Mariangeles

Anonymous said...

Jax, I can help out with 1 (though I'm no pro I can use your stuff), 2, 3, 11, and 38. You might be able to help me with 25. ;-)

Aaron