Thursday, September 3, 2009

Free textures to spice up your images!



I find so much inspiration with what is out there on the internet. Lately, I have been browsing through images that have textures on them, and let me just say that they are stunning! It blows my mind how some people can turn a raw photo into a piece of art. Their vision and fantasies come to life in their photographs. It's like a whole other world.

I am really loving the whole texture stuff on photos, and with time, I'd like to incorporate a few into my work. I don't think every picture should be texturized, because it will take away the natural feel and beauty of it, but every so often, there is that one image that strikes you in a way that you know you just have to take it to a whole other level. It's a moment in that photo that you captured that deserves to be more beautiful, to really pop.

So I decided to look around on the internet for some free textures and I found out that flickr, out of all places, has free textures! I just thought it was a place to upload your photo albums, but you'd be surprise what you can find on flickr. I searched textures and a bunch of sweet goodness just started popping up on my screen. I clicked texture after texture and fell in love. Check them out by CLICKING HERE.

From his collection, here is one of my favorite textures. It's so rich. The possiblities are endless.


You can change the opacity to your liking in photoshop.



And here is the texture in use. Photo Courtesy of flickr.



Can't wait to start using these. When I get a chance, I'll upload a few examples of my own :)

0 comments: