Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Photos are priceless



Today I had a moment.

A moment when a photographer feels truely blessed for doing what they love and a feeling of fullfillment when giving to others memories that pass the test of time.

I will keep this short and sweet because I don't want to give out too much personal information but I had to document part of this in my blog because I want to go back and remember how I felt today.

I have a friend who has been through rough times with her pregnacies. She had one miscarriage which was just devastating to all of us, but thanks to God, she was able to muster up the strength to over come it and try again. She is a very strong woman. Her prayers were answered once again when she found out she was pregnant with a baby boy. Both her and her husband made sure she and her baby received regular check ups from the doctor to make sure everything went as smoothly as possible during this pregnacy. I really wanted to do something special for them so I asked if I could have a maternity session with her and she happily oblidged. It made me so happy just being with her that afternoon because I know how much these photos will mean to her and as I was taking the photos, I kept thinking all what she went through and that made me love what I was doing even more.

A couple of weeks after that, we got the news that she gave birth to her son who was about 4 weeks premature. Her baby had to stay in ICU for a while because his lungs were not fully developed. I immediatly panicked and said a prayer in my mind for them and their baby. I wanted to visit them but could not just yet. I had planned on giving her the CD I made with her pictures before she had the baby so I really felt bummed about that too and now I wasn't so sure if she even wanted them because of what had happened. I was really scared for the worst and thought that if anything happened, she wouldn't want pictures that would bring back sad memories. I would be responsible for that and that really scared me too...big time!

Thankfully though, her baby made it through the rough seas and is now 5 pounds and in his mothers arms, along with his big brother and daddy, receiving all the love that he deserves. I was finally able to give her the photos today and she just laughed when she found out that I had thought she didn't want them. It just made me feel so happy and blessed to give someone a sliver of happiness and joy. The same joy I receive when I document these memories. Memories that pass the test of time.

Happy Wednesday :)

0 comments: