Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Gear (and geek) talk



Well maybe I'm no geek when it comes to the technical side of things. But I do love talking about camera gear and always learning what different types of lenses can do. A while ago, I talked about what lense would be next on my list to rent, or to purchase and I have to say that I really liked the 17-40. It's actually lighter than it looks, even if it's a L-series lens. Zoom lenses aren't as fast or as sharp as primes are, but this lens really did good in that area. Most of the images I took with it came out really sharp and pretty. I mostly used it for the formals and wedding party group shots. It served me well :)

To be honest though, I think I am going to hold off in purchasing this lens, or maybe just put it a few steps down on my wish list. Reason being is that I absolutely love prime lenses and I want to invest in a prime lens that gives me a wide angle. Prime lenses give you the best bokeh, in my opinion, and are super fast in low lighting conditions and are tact sharp when you lock in that focus.

That is why I have put the 28mm 1.8 on my next rental/purchase list, whichever comes first :)




1 comments:

cassandra-m said...

Awesome post. Nice choice of lenses.