Monday, February 9, 2009

Layer masks



One of the things that really love about photoshop is the ability to do layer masks. I think it's just incredible that you're able to individualy tweek and retouch different areas of your picture and then put them all together. It's kinda confusing at first but I was able to practice alot this weekend and I felt so happy to finally understand this! Here's an example of Chivonne's picture that I used to play with layer masks. I'm not a big professional photoshoper or anything but I'd thought it would be fun to share it with my blog :) Besides, she can retain things a lot better than I can.

Basicly, what I did is: First, opened up the original image and immediatly created a duplicate layer. I changed the duplicate layer image to a sepia tone. This is the fun part now: I clicked on the layer masks icon that on the bottom of your layers list. Then I selected the brush tool and I sweeped over chivonne. What this did is bring the color chivonne from the original image on to my duplicate layer.

And that's how I was able to have a sepia background but chivonne in color.

Happy Monday! :)


0 comments: